Services & Help

When you contact our community office, my staff and I will do everything we can to assist. Since we’re often out in the community, or helping communitywebsize_office_sign members, please make an appointment to make sure we have the time we need to assist you. To book an appointment, call 250-356-5013.

Here’s a list of some of the free services our office offers:

  • Promotion – We can help get the word out for your community events through our community partners, newsletter, website and social media.*
  • Recognition – Has someone in our community has made a unique contribution or achieved something great? We will send a congratulatory message and certificate.
  • Advocacy – We will work hard to help you solve any problems with provincial government departments, services or ministries.
  • Information – Our office can find the right government contact or program. We can help you understand out how program changes will affect you, your family and your community.
  • Referral – We know the services available in our community. We also know what grants are available to help fund community building services and projects. Just ask!
  • Get connected – Our office offers free fax, phone and internet for government and community-related matters.

*Provincial government rules restrict the type of events we can host and promote, please ask us for details.

Local Community Centres

Burnside Gorge Community Association
471 Cecelia Road
Victoria, BC
V8T 4T4

Oaklands Community Centre
1 – 2827 Belmont Ave
Victoria, BC
V8R 4B2
(250) 370-9101

Quadra Village Community Centre
901 Kings Rd, Victoria, BC V8T 1W5

Local Governments and Local Representatives

CRD (Capital Region District)

City of Victoria

Mayor Marianne Alto and Councillors

City of Saanich

UVSS – University of Victoria Students’ Society

Camosun College Student Society

Find My MP – Federal Member of Parliament

Legal Rights

Access Pro Bono

BC Civil Liberties Association

BC Human Rights Clinic

BC Human Rights Tribunal

Community Legal Assistance Society (CLAS) BC

The Law Centre

Legal Aid BC

People’s Law School


Residential Tenancy Branch

TAPS (Together Against Poverty Society)

TRAC (Tenant’s Resource and Advisory Centre)

Residential Tenancies Information

Employment Resources

Worksafe BC

Employment Standards Branch

Applying for BC Employment and assistance

Social insurance cards

Current BC Government Job Postings


Island Community Mental Health 

Victoria Mental Health Centre

Island Sexual Health

Medical Services Plan (MSP) information for BC residents


Mental Health 24-Hr Vancouver Island Crisis Hotline 1-888-494-3888

Crisis Line Association of BC 1-800-784-2433 (1-800- SUICIDE)

First Link Dementia Health Line

Mental Health and Substance Use

Assisted Living Registrar

Home and Community Care

AIDS Vancouver Island

Vancouver Island PWA Society